Do you love your dog? Want him to live much longer? Great, show it… feed him real food. Food YOU would actually eat. Yes, really.
The health benefits of real food are HUGE. Our pups are happy, healthy, and have the shiniest coats.
People always ask us, “what do you feed them??”. Simple: we cook some basic real food for them. None of that “dog food” stuff.
Google “dog food”. You will be surprised and very disturbed by what’s in those products.
We’ve been cooking for our dogs for years, and once you start, there’s no going back.
Plus, our pups LOVE the food we cook them. And dogs are soooo easy to cook for. They don’t complain if you get something wrong, and they love you like crazy no matter what.
Want to try it yourself? It’s SOOOOO Easy… Here’s the recipe for Yummy Healthy Puppy Food
- 6 lbs ground beef ($18 at Costco)
- 36 Eggs ($4 at Costco)
- 3 lbs frozen stir-fry mixed veggies (Costco Kirkland has a good one)
- White rice (6 cups of cooked rice)
- Glass of wine or brandy on rocks for your enjoyment while cooking
Prepare The Eggs, Rice, and Veggies
- Boil the eggs, then cool and run through food processor to turn shells into mush.
- Run mixed veggies through food processor too. optional but a nice step.
- [optional, only to make it go farther] Cook up some rice: 6 cups (to get 6 cups of cooked rice, use 3 cups rice and 6 cups water).
Cook The Meat
- Cook ground beef in a big pot with lid on, on mid-high for 30 minutes or so.
- Stir every 5 minutes or so, to cook evenly.
- Cook until meat is brown, no longer red.
Mix It All Together
- The stuff you cooked above… dump it in a large bowl and mix it up together. Or mix it in the pot if it’s big enough.
—- That’s it!!! give yourself a raise, splendid work. —-
Lasts in fridge for nearly a week, depending on your dogs. 😉
The rice is ONLY to make it go farther. If money is no object, ditch the rice. It’s still infinitely better than the not-fit-for-human-consumption filler in “dog food”.
Disclaimer: you and only you are responsible for your choices and actions. The above is what we feed our pups, and I would LOVE to see more people make this fairly simple choice.That said, this is your choice, and this post does not in any way guarantee medical, financial, whatever, whatever “professional” opinion, it is just what I do for my pups.
Note that the veterinary profession is largely sponsored by the “dog food” industry, which is why so many otherwise intelligent people who are vets actually believe that stuff is suitable for your loving animal companion. Another case of “what you don’t know, can hurt those close to you”. Like I said, google what’s in it, and ask yourself if you’d want anything to do with that stuff. Dogs are not that biologically different from us, they require good nutrients just like we do.
Lame legalese aside, if I were you, I’d start making my pups some real food and kick that “dog food” crap to the curb.
To make it go farther, add more rice, and more mixed veggies. Yeah, that constitutes “filler”, but it’s way better than anything you’ll find in a bag of “dog food”.
Our philosophy is “better than before”.
My dogs are family, and I love them… And I have this annoying habit of thinking for myself. So my rule is pretty simple… if I wouldn’t eat it, I don’t feed it to my dogs. Super simple.
To the health of your pups!!